Monday, August 30, 2010

Twisted


From the Above the City mailbox...

"Hi,
My dog was viciously attacked last night at Debs Park by two huge akitas,
their owner had them off the leash.
My dog is an 85 lb chow/shepard mix and he was on the leash.
We came around the corner on the trail at Debs and I saw that the akitas
were off leash and asked if they were friendly.
The guy casually said no, within seconds the akitas had my dog pinned on his back and were tearing into him, the guy just stood there.
I yelled for him to get his dogs and kicked one of them in the head and pulled it off. Finally he got the other one.
My dog is a big strong healthy dog and these dogs dwarfed him.
I asked the guy for his phone number for the vet bill - surprise - not a working number.
My 85 lb dog has puncture wounds on both sides of his chest and is having surgery tomorrow
to have the wounds cleaned and he may need to have the muscle underneath stitched."

Sad. Anyone have any info on who this owner might be with two huge akita dogs, please let everyone know!




Joy Division "She's Lost Control"
Son House "Low Down Dirty Dog Blues"

7 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is absolutely HORRIBLE! This man must be a huminoid! To not seem to truly care...Onr Wonders!!!! I pray your dog will be alright!

Monday, August 30, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Letting dogs run off of a leash, anywhere public is bad. It's dangerous for the dogs, and other people- plus this sort of person usually just lets the dogs make a mess and don't clean it up as well. Yes, I know the dog should run free- but there are places for that. Dog parks, fenced yards. If you don't have access to these kinds of places or can't keep pace with your dog on a leash, don't get a dog.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this ever happens to anyone and you have a cell phone with a camera, take photos. Of course the first thing is to save your dog from the fight, but when the dust has cleared take pics of the jerk and his dogs, post them in the park, Audobon Center , etc...he'll think twice before coming back to our park!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010  
Blogger Pasadena Adjacent said...

So he didn't move in till AFTER one of his dogs was kicked in the head? What a creep. I'll keep a lookout. I carry a camera with me.

Saturday, September 04, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reason why I dont have a dog anymore... the first is vets and their ridiculous bills for anything, not to mention food, vitamins, medicines and their costs. Second, it's idiots like this who let their dogs go loose in public while good people have leashes. I've seen this happen unfortunately too many times leading to disasters like this. Great job on the post and seeing if anyone can help.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are 2 large akitas at 3931 Paige St.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010  
Anonymous Joel said...

I believe one and all must look at it.
Aurora homes

Wednesday, December 07, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home