Monday, April 20, 2009

Market





One of the few Montecito Heights stores. And the best. Good people. Good weekend tortas and tamales. Good local feel. And a mural that got tagged again finally. It seems every year or so they repaint the mural. I just don't understand the dude or kid that would tag a neighborhood mural. Go tag a clean wall if you really need to let it out.

Anyways, the first pic is from late February and the second pic is from the other day. The owners took the time to meticulously paint out the kook tagging and draw in the new lines and color. Looks cool. Go Rodriguez!


Sixto Rodriguez "Sugar Man"
Built to Spill "Nowhere Nothing Fuckup"

4 Comments:

Blogger Ron Bloomquist said...

You are doing good stuff.

Keep it coming!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd like to be caught tagging "over the lord" but for what it''s worth, I did an early post on a favorite mural in my HP neighborhood

Tuesday, April 21, 2009  
Blogger Tash said...

I hope the taggers are forgiven their trespasses, although I would not forgive them.
Looks to be a really good store. I'll stop by for a tamale next time I'm in the area.
Question for you: it the Boys club with the swimming pool still there at 5 corners? In '74 & '75 I used to practice there every school day early morning for Franklin HS swim team.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you visited because I happen to love Montecito Heights. Used to spend many lunch hours exploring. Now I'll explore your site.

(Hah! I see many of my friends have already found you.)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home