Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bird on a Wire




Loooooooove it! This is how street art should be made. It should be inventive. It should have its very own style. It should be beyond original. It should make the viewer wonder "how the hell did he/she do that?". It should be beautiful. It should be ugly. It should make people happy and angry.




Maybe you have seen some of these urban birds around town lately. I saw this first one at Franklin and Hollywood, near where I work, and did a triple take. How is that up there? I pulled over and looked closer and saw that it seems to be attached to a little lock. That gives it the density needed to, I imagine, throw the bird up there and hope it wraps around the wire.


Then I started to see more around town as I was driving around. All at intersections. In the middle of the intersections which adds another degree of difficulty. They have been spotted at 3rd and Wilshire. I just saw one last night by Cobra and Matadors on Beverly.

Where else have any of you spotted them?

And WHO is the artist?



Johnny Cash "Bird on a Wire"
DJ Shadow "What Does Your Soul Look Like"

4 Comments:

Blogger LA City Nerd said...

I saw one on Melrose tonight.

It reminds me of the flat, wooden shoes that showed up all over the City on telephone, cable, and power lines about 3 years ago. They were flung like the regular tennis shoes that are often so burdensome to local residents, but these 2-demensional pieces of art were calling something else out. (I'm not sure what, though.) They looked a little like this.

Thursday, August 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone ever figure out who the artist is?

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Megan Carpenter said...

look up, "berdhouse gallery"

Monday, August 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My roomate and I used to live by Franklin and Hollywood and first saw that one and have been wondering ever since. We now live down by Franklin and Vermont and one just went up here like a week ago! I'm glad other people are wondering like we are. Wish I could have seen whoever does this get it up there! I'm amazed it's always on busy intersections. Someone has to a person do it.

Friday, January 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home