Thursday, April 30, 2009

Locally




Found this Montecito Heights art online. Thought, hey, that house looks familiar. Squinted to read the artist name in the corner and looked her up. A plein air artist. Cool stuff.

I think her art rendition of this house and the hill looks better than a similar photograph I took recently. Nice work!

Looks like she has a local show coming up in a few weeks too. Go support local artists!

Mary-Austin Klein
Solo show “Collective Amnesia”
Paintings of Urban Los Angeles

May 17 - June 14, 2008
Metro Gallery
1835 Hyperion Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 663-2787



Jeff Tweedy "California Stars"
Outkast "Da Art of Storytellin', Pt. 1"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful

Thursday, April 30, 2009  
Blogger Ron Bloomquist said...

Great catch! Nice to see the comparison and yes, the artist made an improvement, definitely!!

Friday, May 01, 2009  
Blogger Why S? said...

Yes, very nice. And thanks for letting us know about the show.

Sunday, May 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that house. Would die to see what it looks like inside.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009  
Anonymous Mary-Austin said...

Hey! Thanks for the post. What a nice surprise. This is my LA dream house. I have painted the home twice and feel like I am stalking it. I would love to see what it looks like inside too. Sorry to say that the show with this painting was held last year. Here is my website where future shows are listed.
http://www.myartspace.com/maryaustinklein/

Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home